I was not tagged, I stole these questions from Kylie Scott because they looked like fun to answer.
- Answer the 10 questions below
- Spread the fun and tag other writers to participate.] <—I tag YOU Pikachu.
1. What is the title of your book / WIP?
the Liberation of Aurora Kale
2. Where did the idea for this book come from?
A lot of places, to be honest. I can’t pinpoint where it began… although the original version of the story did contain a bit of influence from the anime Fullmetal Alchemist (Hiromu Arakawa) and the anime/manga series Black Butler (Yana Toboso). The Steampunk genre was an influence, although the book is not openly Steampunk.
3. What genre would your book fall under?
Fantasy Adventure (Young Adult)
A crippled gravedigger is reunited with a faerie-possessed childhood acquaintance who is trying to escape the influence of her Immortal guardians.6. Is your book published or represented?
Neither. It’s still in the editing stages.
7. How long did it take you to write it?
The first draft took me a month to write.8. What other books in your genre would you compare it to?
Hm… possibly the Laws of Magic series by Michael Pryor, a little bit of the Picture of Dorian Grey (not the same genre I know…), and perhaps a hint of the Belgariad by David Eddings… [Does the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen count?]
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
Michael Pryor, definitely, D. M. Cornish, probably many others that are not currently springing to mind.
10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book
Here are some selected facts, some of them may be lies;